Tuesday, September 7, 2010

movin' on

In less than 3 days I'll be movin' on. First of all, for those of you who don't really know what's going on in my life, here's the spiel...

For the next 9 month's I'll be attending The Creative DTS In Alesund, Norway.  This is a YWAM prophetic school of the arts that focuses on training students in listening to the Lord’s voice, creating together with Him, and communicating through various art forms. The goal of this program is to make room for developing the creative abilities and giftings God has given people.

A few of the things I'll be learning there are...

  • To know and to make known God's original intention with the arts.
  • To teach and train the student to know God, hear His voice and create together with Him.
  • To be a prophet at this time in history and communicate God’s purposes through various art forms.
  • To build a Biblical foundation that enables the student to carry their creative giftings.
  • To help the student improve as an artist in performance and communication.
- To develop a good attitude as an artist and practice excellence.
  • To be a worshiper of God.


In addition to the DTS (discipleship training school) curriculum, the DTS will include creative weeks (I'll be doing the fine art track),  mini outreaches on the west coast of Norway for 2 weeks during the year, and a two month outreach to another country (still unknown)

If you would like to learn more about this school you can go here: www.creativedts.no

anyways, enough about that. Here's the beautiful town of Alesund where I'll be living..

















































I am just so excited and blessed to have this opportunity. I know the Lord has called me to this place for a reason and I can't wait to see what he has in store for me this year.  I love that I will get to continue to follow my passion of art as I grow closer to the Lord and learn more about his calling for me as an artist. I know that there will be hard times ahead... jet lag, culture shock, homesickness and who knows what my outreach will bring, but i am just so thankful for God's promise that he will be by my side through all of it.  I am just so thankful for those of you who have been a part of this with me and have been generous already through prayers and financial support.  I welcome both.  If you would still like to donate to my fund, you may do so in the side bar of this blog, just click on the "donate" button.  You may also send checks or cash to 623 E. 11th st. Weiser, ID 83672.  I still need to raise about $2,000 of the total $9,000 that I need in order to pay for training, room and board, and outreach costs.


Thank you for following my adventures and for supporting me with your thoughts and prayers.


I love you all. May you be blessed.

Aubrey

3 comments:

  1. So happy to be a blogging buddy with you:)

    http://katie-thompson-katie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAYYYY!
    that's all. :)

    not but seriously, praying for you as you learn, grow and explore this beautiful world. and that money will get to you -- God wouldn't bring you there and then leave you hanging. :)

    best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even wait to hear about all your amazing experiences. I'll be living vicariously through you as I'm writing stinky papers and you're traipsing around Europe.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete