Thursday, November 25, 2010

outreach announcement!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today I am especially thankful because this morning we learned where we are going on our outreach From March 7 to May 1.  I am going to......Mexico!  A little ironic, I know.   When we were asked to write down our top three choices I felt like God wanted me to put Mexico down, but of course I thought it would be more exciting to go to Austria or France so I put Mexico as my third choice.  But God still got his way :) When I found out I was actually  really excited.  I feel like he has been preparing my heart to go there and I even feel like he's been giving me a heart for the spanish people and culture. I am really excited for the work we'll be doing there too. We will be spending a lot of time in Colima where we'll be working with a cafe and art gallery ministry.  It is run by Mauricio Palacio and his wife. He was the first teacher we had during creative week this year and they are amazing. I'm really excited to learn more from them and see their ministry first hand.  We'll also be traveling to other parts of mexico (still undecided but probably Guadalajara) and hopefully be woking in orphanages and with the homeless.  It will be so nice to be in a warm country where they have food with taste, and did i mention we'll be near the ocean! Once again i realize how spoiled I am.  There are 10 people on our team and two are actually from mexico, which will be very helpful.  I am hoping to brush up on my spanish before I go! 5 are from Europe and it's really fun to see their excitement to go to this exotic country! And then there are 2 americans (myself included) and 1 canadian. I would love your prayers in the next few months as I prepare to go. It's going to be an amazing and challenging time, I already know that.


love from Norge.

3 comments:

  1. woo hoo! this is so exciting! i'm so thankful for you and this journey God is taking you on. you are great and i can't wait to see what happens next on this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you'll have some time to thaw from the nordic temps. ;) seriously though, something awesome is cookin' up here. i can't wait to hear about it. praying for you, sister. love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is crazy how God works, isn't it? I know you're going to have an amazing time on outreach!

    ReplyDelete