Saturday, February 12, 2011

I can tell it's gonna be a good day.

Yesterday was so sunny and beautiful! It's been a long time since i actually felt the sun on my face. We went to the art studio and I just sat on the floor by the window and it was glorious.  Our assignment yesterday was to make something new out of something old.  I found a beautiful tablecloth and decided to make a skirt out of it. I like to sew by hand, which is impractical, but there's also something so personal and beautiful about the process. Must be the fine artist in me.

next weekend is winter break. It's also my birthday.  I think I'm going to spend some time preparing for Mexico. Brushing up on my Spanish, maybe do some drawing to display at the gallery in Colima, and researching ideas for my official job title as "fun coordinator". I'm also going to learn how to make things out of paper (aka oragami). Our leaders thought it would be a good thing to share with the children in the orphanages.  If you know anything simple to make, please pass it along my way!

23 days until Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment